View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
I think Gose and TDA become more important than ever.

They are really our only two close-to-major-league-ready position playing prospects in the system right now. This move doesn't mean that all of a sudden AA has free reign to throw another 50 mill at any problem. The key to keeping payroll from bloating when you've got all these high priced stars is to infuse young talent making relativly small salaries.

Gose and TDA aren't getting moved for quick fixes... the only place they're going is into the starting lineup in the near future.
I agree that neither should be moved, and both a very important. However, they are not the only prospects who are close to the big leagues. They may be the only two elite prospects, but there are some intriguing guys who are close to knocking on the door. We know about Moises and have seen (and many have forgotten about) David Cooper. There's also Mike McDade, Ryan Goins, Ryan Schimpf who all have unique skillsets and could blow up for all we know. Schimpf is the one I'm most intrigued by, especially with a bit of a hole at 2B. The organization tweaked his swing\approach a bit in 2012, and he took off after getting comfortable. Little guy with great left handed pop for a middle infielder. Conceivably, all those guys will be Bisons to start 2013.