View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 11:19 AM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
I still consider DP a ridiculous pick at #8 considering I think he might've been a bit of a reach at #22 but what's done is done. In the end, draft position doesn't mean much so long as you actually develop the prospect into an NHLer.

For years we defended the Staal pick...and rightfully so. While there were some better players picked just after him, Staal turned into a beast that was a contributor to a Cup. At the time of the 2006 draft you could've made a case for taking any of Staal, Toews, Backstrom, Kessel, Brassard or Okposo with the second overall so I don't think we did that bad in the end.

DP however has a loooong road to the NHL. I mean, people just brought up how young he looked at Dev Camp. He's got a lot of maturing to do both on and off the ice and that's why he's been labelled a bit of a project. And I'm not against taking project prospects...just not 8th overall.

But he's our guy and for that reason I hope he works out. I'm still a bit skeptical but until I see him develop and play professionally it's impossible to tell at the moment.
Who would you have taken?

JTG is online now   Reply With Quote