View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 12:31 PM
sawchuk1971

vCash: 500
Eric Lindros Speaks Out On NHL Lockout

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../20360416.html

Quote:
The retired NHLer and former NHLPA ombudsman wasn’t overly optimistic when asked to give his opinion during a break in the action at the Mike Keane Celebrity Hockey Classic on Thursday afternoon.

“Mine is going to differ from someone on the owner’s side, that’s for sure,” said Lindros, who retired in November of 2007 following a career that was cut short by injuries. “There’s nothing the players are getting out of this (prospective) agreement. They’re giving. It’s just how much are they going to give. I’m a bit frustrated with it.”

Lindros can’t believe that after getting a salary cap and significant rollback in 2005 that the owners are asking players to take less money once again, especially after watching record revenues grow $1 billion since the last lockout.

“The players are willing to go to 50% (of hockey related revenues), but they want their contracts honoured,” Lindros said. “If someone signs a deal, stick with the deal. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. I hope they can get it fixed. We miss hockey.”

In speaking to a handful of players on Thursday at the MTS Iceplex, it’s clear everyone is worried about the potential harm another lost season might have on the sport.

sawchuk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote