View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
I guess the real refs would have made better calls on some of those phantom pass interference calls last week versus the Patriots then, as we all know the real refs don't miss anything or ever make a wrong call.
Strawman. On the whole, the officiating is far better now than it was with the replacements. And I don't think one would get much argument in most circles that the on-field product is better now, too, because the game has a better flow now that there are fewer official conferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
I'm not saying that initially there wouldn't be a drop off in play as you'd need the younger players to step up into top 6 roles but you can't say that a Porter couldn't adequately replace the 3rd and 4th liners. Hell I'd rather see Foligno playing instead of Stafford.
Wait a second, Foligno is as locked out as Stafford is. Replacement players do not include the top NHL prospects currently playing in the AHL and elsewhere--anyways, Foligno is, at this point, an NHL player because he was going to be on the Opening Night roster. Scab players would be the Corey Lockes, Alex Girouxs and Jason Krogs of the world. That is, the career minor-leaguers and players playing overseas.

And regarding your Porter example, in a scab league he'd be a top-6 player. He doesn't remotely resemble a top-6 NHL player.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote