View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 11:49 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
The information is available because they decide to make it available. if they want, they can keep everything behind closed doors. The parts of these negotiations that had some advancements where the parts where both sides were negotiating between them, last week, when no one knew anything.
Until now, Whenever there has been some kind of PR move by either side, it was more or less an indication that the negotiations were not going in the right direction.
Every time they open their mouth, the PA or the NHL, they go back a step, to guard their 'egos'.
The PR side just hurts both sides and the negotiation process.

see above; not exclusive to the NHL. PR battle doesn't matter, and is just smokescreen to a terrible negotiation process.
I would normally agree with you. Taking into account that the players have been on numerous occasion complaining about the ownership strategies to turn fans against them thus increasing the amount pressure they have to live through, I would say I disagree a lot. Add that news outlets like RDS have been pushing an almost exclusive player favourable position, there's just too much going on to say that it doesn't matter or that it didn't matter.

It isn't entirely a smokescreen here... Whether it hurts the process or not I can't say, I'm not at the table, and that's a different subject. I surely hope the players aren't putting the antics they're putting on camera at the negotiation table, because I would certainly react in an equal manner if I was on the other side.