View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 11:51 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Things looking pretty bleak on both the lock-out and the Glendale front, if you are a Coyotes fan. Pretty good if you a Nordiques fan, though, I suppose. Could be interesting for you fellas if the season gets cancelled and Glendale gives the NHL the boot.

As long as Quebec can convince two key free agents to re-sign, in Mike Smith and Boyd Gordon, you could end up icing a really good team. Especially with all of the UFAs that would flood the market after the lock-out. Some quality Quebec friendly players on the market, too. Former Remparts Simon Gagne(fill the hole left by Whitney) and Mike Ribeiro(address a huge weakness at center), as well as well as former QMJHL stand out Ryane Clowe(help replace Doan), and Quebec native Marty Biron(way, way better than LaBarbera). The Nords would certainly have a ton of money to throw around, considering Phoenix has the fewest committed dollars in the league. That roster would probably be better on paper than the one Tippett just took to the Conference Finals. Assuming, of course, that DT is willing to go to Quebec. There are similar system coaches, though, that could potentially get a lot of miles out of a roster such as that. I wonder if the Hunters could be lured out of London if they were handed the keys to the whole NHL operation (rather than limited to coaching duties like in Washington).
No no no no no !

Hunter was a great player, but that's it. I would rather keep Tippett or get another NHL experienced coach and have Patrick Roy as assistant for a few years.