View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 11:56 AM
hawksfan50

vCash: 500
Lindholm too low from all the glowing reports I read on him...

Nichushkin shows lots of potential given his spize speed and power rushes --BUT it did not translate in the games I saw in the Subway Super Series to that much finishing and he lacks in the distribution part of the game-critical for any centre-I just do not see him as a comparable to Grigorenko who at the same age DID show finishing and set-up abilities.. SO Nichuskin too high.

On the other hand Nikita ZADOROV too low ...not yet showing enough offensive punch BUT you just cannot ignore the size, skating ,HITS, good D-play he brings even without the offense -just too much of a prize in this less than compelling draft of D-men --you goota rank him much higher than the ISS has him..

ALSO--their list does not combine in goalies...COMRIE was good in his 30 minutes of work last night vs. the Russkies stopping 17/18 shots (.944) ...HE and Fucale (Q) and Martin (O) have been for a long time the 3 conensus hyped cream of the goalie crop for this draft from the 3 CHL leagues...Maybe all 3 go first round--we'll see..
I still prefer JAKE PATTERSON (London Knights) who was bypassed in last year's draft..I also liked what i saw from EAMMON MCADAM of the USHL selects team playing for USA at the world Jr. A Challenge--and that is just NA goalies...
THE Finns are supposed to have a very good goalie crop : VILLE HUSSO,ATTE TOLVANEN,KEVIN LANKINEN ,JUUSE SAROS (all these are first time NHL draft eligibles..ALSO OSKARI SETANEN is having a great season for the LUKKO U-20 JR. team 15GP 2.29 GAA .930 save%,he's a '94 bypassed last year. --HOWEVER thereare no BIG Finn goalies in this crop --HUSSO is the tallest at 6'1 (185) ,TOLVANEN and LANKINEN are listed at just 5'11 and in the 160's --SAROS is the shortest at 5'10 but s 181 ,SETANEN lists at 6'0,176..
So whewther any of these good Finn goalie prospects given their lack of size
(except for maybe HUSSO) are worth a gamble that early (round one) remains to be seen--probably not..but COMRIE too lists at 6'0 175--not exactly a "BIG" goalie. Fucale lists at 6'0 166---also not a "BIG" goalie...SPENCER MARTIN lists at 6'2 190
which along with his great stats this year-if he keeps it up--should make him attractive as a first rounder..EAMON MCADAM lists at 6'2 175 and so the radar is on him the rest of his USHL season --might be a late first to 30's pick but could move higher in the first if he shines over the remainder of the USHL season--still EARLY.

The point is;SOME GOALIES will ultimately crack that TOP 30 at the draft -that WILL displace a few guys off that ISS TOP 30 (goalies excluded)for sure..

I would also think a few USHL d-men could move up into the first round beyond their one listing (McCoshen) who they ranked 30th ..

IT is obvious they love the USNDTP given all the kids from that program (they put 4 of them in their top 30 for November--but I not sure there aren't some other USHL guys not on the USNTP that should be on that list instead...Perhaps D-man Mike Downing-I liked his physicality and shut-down abilities from what I saw of him at the World Jr. A Challenge -also good size 6'3 195 ...

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote