View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 12:04 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy11 View Post
I live right outside Kamloops and I have watched the Blazers play a ton in the last two seasons. JC Lipon is a good player, but the chemistry of his line with Colin Smith and Tim Bozon is incredible and I believe make him look like a better player. Out of the three players JC Lipon is definitely the least noticeable out there, don't get me wrong he is another great player and also compliments the others well, but on HFboards when a guy puts up so many points he becomes a god. Colin Smith has some of the sickest hands I have seen and makes something happen on every play. Tim Bozon also has good hands although not as good as Smith. Lipon is smart and knows how to battle and be in the right place at all times for the puck. These three make up one of the best lines in all of the CHL based off how well they read each other. I wouldn't toss a high draft pick at Lipon, I would take a flyer but mainly for hometown bias.
Yeah, I was at the game last night in Victoria, Smith was much better than Lipon - as evidenced by the coaching staff pulling Lipon off the line for the 3rd period.

He wasn't very good, but again these type of games are really hard to gauge prospects....the chemistry thing was not a factor last night, the forwards could hardly string a pass together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw99 View Post
I hope Canucks takes a shot at J.C. Lipon come 2nd or 3rd round...

WHL!!!
WAY TO EARLY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
This draft has to be the most exciting since 2005 (funny how the same situation with CBA is haunting this one). As of right now if we can get even a mid-first rounder from a Luongo trade these players would be available from 15 down (current ISS).

Pulock (oh please stay rated here, he is the D we've been waiting to draft)
Erne (nothing but solid reviews)
Kujawinski (solid offensive package)
Morrisey (another offensive dynamic Dman)
Gauthier (just 6'5 offensive forward)

William Carrier isn't even rated in the top 30 yet and he's running this line in the Q of 14 Goals and 21 Assists in 22 games.
I wish I had a chance to speak to Canucks scouting, last night at the superseries game I sat directly infront of Brian Chapman, Canucks Amatuer Scout for the 1st period. I didn't want to bother him while he was working, and he didn't return to his seats after the first period.

I wanted to ask him why he was even there, Canucks don't draft out of the WHL or draft Russians, I wanted to pose the question to him.

3 NHL gms were there too, all from the Northwest division - Tambellini, Feaster and Fletcher...my brother in law ribbed Feaster a bit about Brossoit looking weak between the pipes, Feaster's reply "....he looked pretty good last night.." LOL

I don't know why I quoted your post to write this, just wanted to post it.

But it would be unreal to add any of those players you listed to the prospect pool, especially the first 4.