View Single Post
11-16-2012, 12:11 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Just looking at it from both sides instead of one.
Yeah, no you weren't.

The Jays are winners in this, no questions. They get a SS, who at his worst, is still a top-10 shortstop in the league. They get a pitcher who signed long-term, and is a solid middle-of-the rotation workhorse. And they get an ace, who despite having injury problems, still a top-shelf pitcher. They only get one guaranteed year of Johnson, but they also get a head start in negotiations for an extension. If Johnson gets off to a great start, he would be very wise to re-sign ASAP considering his injury problems.

They may be overpaid, but who cares? They can still perform well, and that's the most important thing. It's also not my money, and the Blue Jays were going to have a tough time attracting any free agents to play in Toronto. Mind as well get those guys in trades

All the meanwhile, the Marlins get a bunch of prospects. All I can say about that is that the majority of prospects, even the good ones, don't pan out. As far as I could tell, none of the prospects the Blue Jays gave up were can't-miss guys.

The Jays got so much better in this trade

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote