View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 12:13 PM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Seems to happen once every few years, guys like RNH, Skinner and Crosby all spring to mind in terms of post-lockout examples. It also depends on your birthday, since it's only possible for players born between mid April and mid September.

Regardless, I agree with Button, Barkov looks more or less NHL ready right now. Offensively he's already at a 2nd-3rd line level, physically he's very mature, he's positionally excellent, he makes very few mistakes, and plays very good defence. I have to imagine he'd do just fine in the NHL right from the start.
I think that Barkov developes better in tougher competition. I don't expect him to be offensively dominant in his first year. He produced 16points in 32 games in his first season at FEL. Now when he's used to tough game against men and facing up experinced smart players, even NHL players he has 23points in 22 games(1period left from 22th game) he could have similar developement in NHL aswell. Big jump offensively after first year. I definetly think that Barkov should play in the NHL right away because he seems to develope better in tougher competition.