Thread: Proposal: OEL to Edm
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledGun View Post
Ya. I never brought Hemsky or Gagner into the discussion.
You DID however bring up "more established dmen". Which IMO you will need to part w/ something more significant than Gagner or Hemsky.

The Oilers issue in regards to trades is this: They have 4 young talents on their team (Hall Yak Nuge Eberle).. After them there is a huge drop-off in valuable assets. Hemksy ($5m injury risk), Gagner (small center probably better suited for #3 center duties), and then a rag-tag bunch of slugs. Klefblom COULD turn into something really good, but he doesnt carry much value yet, not enough to land an impact dman in Edmonton.

There is no "mid-grade" talent to offer up in trades. I'll use my Bruins as an example, IF they were looking for an impact dman (top-4), they could offer up many intriguing players (Marchand, Peverly, Horton etc..). Edmonton lacks that mid-grade talent. Obviously most of us fans understand your reluctance to trade aways any of the 4 kids. But other than those kids, there isnt much of anything that holds enough value to land the Oilers a significant player.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote