View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
No different from their ridiculous predictions about every other player the Leafs have ever signed.

I think this fact is what will keep Clarkson here for a smaller offer than he could get elsewhere. He has even said before, unprovoked, that he wants to be a Devils lifer. TG had to twist Parise's arm to get him to talk about that, and then even then he was hedging about the money being right.
Yeah you're right. If we still wanna give Zach some sympathy, and even believe he really wanted to sign here go ahead. Lou has to change this old fashioned concept, and break from tradition(Like he did with Marty, and Stevens) and try to give an extension.

However Parise is not on Lou. There was an interview with Parise mid season, and I'm not sure if it was with TG or not. I don't think it was, but he talked about being a UFA, and said ''It's something you work toward in your career to get to that point, and be able to see what you can get'' or something. Not word for word, but it basically said to me he wants to test the market, and he's worked hard to be able to see what he's worth. That right there looking back tells you he wasn't signing an extension. I think Lou's ''We don't wanna distract from the season'' was really just a line to distract from the fact Parise didn't want an extension.