View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 12:40 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
I might disagree with you. While I don't think they have much value, it is possible a team might offer a late round pick for 1. Even a late round pick is better than just losing a player for nothing. I think Taylor, at only 26 has shown enough over the past year that he is ready to be a number 1 at this level, and has earned a shot at the next level. There must be a team out there willing to give him that shot.
I think we have to give some credit to the talent both Brust and Taylor have. Yes, they are playing in a good system, but it's not like they are scrubs. All 3 of our goalies should be #1's at the AHL level, and have shown that before arriving in Abbotsford.
I just don't understand why Brust was signed. I'm loving how good they are all doing, but was it really in the best intrest of developing Irving & Taylor? Having 3 goalies split time cannot be good for their development. Anyway you look at it, the crease is crowded.
I believe Brust was signed as a backup for the ahl with the thought that the lockout would end soonish and Irving would take the backup role on the Flames and Karlsson would be traded or loaned to the KHL etc. But the lockout has lasted a while and looks like there is no end in sight which makes running 3 goalies very difficult.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote