View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 12:52 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
How did Chiasson look? I know he's*had this mysterious illness but his lack of production is worrisome for a guy considered one of our most NHL ready prospects.
He's not making mistakes or costly turnovers, and he seems to be hustling. He's just not getting much PP time, and I don't think playing with Wathier and Petersen is a big help either. He doesn't look like a threat to score most shifts though. Nobody on the line does. This is a line that needs a shakeup, but if it happens you can pretty much guarantee Willie is benching Chiasson .... so that sucks.

Now on the other hand, Reilly Smith is really flying around out there. He's just snake bitten and the puck is going just wide, catching someone's calf, or the goalie is making a good save. He may not be producing points, but he looks dangerous nearly every shift, but he's also gets a big boost playing with Eakin and Vincour.

Glennie's line with Gazdic and Roussel actually is a pretty impressive group. They're the most physical line. Glennie isn't nearly as aggressive as the other two though. They got trapped in the D zone on one or two shifts, but they spend the majority of the time in the offensive zone. I really like Roussel actually. He's seemed to tone down the Steve Ott act, and he's a very good checking forward IMO.

I think Chiasson could maybe benefit from playing with Gazdic and Roussel or even Roussel and Glennie. I like what I've seen from Gazdic, but his special niche is fighting, and I really just don't care about that talent too much. I love a fight every once in a while, but I hate the idea of a fighter taking a spot in the Top 12.

I think it would be a better Bottom 6 maybe this way:

Chiasson-Roussel-Glennie
Wathier-Petersen-A. Smith