View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 12:59 PM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I think Pulock and Rielly would be terrific together, there was once a tandem Calgary had names Macinnis and Suter, they won 1 cup together. Probably would have been a few more had not been a team named the Oilers were around.

For whatever reason Rielly wasn't as effective last night as he was with Pulock the night before. Coincidence or not, I think these 2 could be very effective together. Ryan is effectively still one draft year younger than Morgan it showed at times, but I see a lot of upside as he continues to develop. Would be cool given the background of his personal story.
Pulock really wasn't that effective the night before. So I'll go with coincidence. Plus I don't see a reason to take Pulock if we don't have to, with Phaneuf. I'll take him if he's the BPA but by my count, there are 7 or 8 players better than him at this point.

And effectively a draft year younger? Semantics really. Pulock is only 7 months younger than Rielly and has actually played more games than him, and played an identical number of seasons in the WHL. So I'm not really getting that argument.