View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Thesensation19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
How are Lidstrom and Brodeur consistently ranked among the top 5-6 at their position ever being beaten down?
What about Niedermayer, how does he rank against guys he played against like Bourque, like Coffey, like MacInnis, like his own teammate, Stevens, like Pronger?
I only used Canadians there btw and Scott is already getting smoked. I didn't even have to mention Fetisov, Chelios, Leetch, or Lidstrom.
Are you going to make a case that Scott would have stood out like Orr or Park or Robinson or Potvin if he played in the 70's/80's?

Seriously what part of Niedermayer's game stood out?
His defense? I don't think he was better than Lidstrom or Stevens or Bourque or Chelios or even Pronger.
Offense? He wasn't even on Lidstrom's level and Lidstrom's level wasn't even very high.
Nierdermeyer is a very smart player both offensively and defensively. He has proved time and time again why he stands out by making elite rosters and starting on those all star packed teams. He has won at every level he has ever played at and you cant say that about many guys. His value is not measured by stats...

His vision and his passing was a huge asset in breakouts. And breakouts are extremely important in a team winning or losing a game.

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote