View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Warm Cookies
Re-sign Kunitz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
Yeah I think Maatta is the better prospect. DP definitely has him on offensive potential but Maatta is much more well rounded and has a seriously underrated offensive game. He's big, smart and to me looks similar to Ryan Suter at the same age when he was at Wisconsin. He's not the flashy guy that's going to thread a pass over two lines to spring a breakaway or dance from end to end but he's the steady, reliable guy that can keep up with and help create space for our other talented defensemen. He's the ideal partner for Morrow or Letang down the line because of his calming presence and the support he can give at both ends of the ice.

For a board that loves Despres so much, it's a little weird that such a similar prospect doesn't get the same praise.

After Morrow and Despres, Maatta's our third best prospect. That's a claim I'm comfortable making even though I understand that it's not the consensus.
We've all got our favourites, haha. I know I'm I'm partial to Harrington.

Maatta's fine, but he's seemed pretty vanilla based on what I saw in the Mem Cup last year and a couple games this season. One man's "all-around" is another man's "does nothing exceptional". Despres is at least a huge man with exceptional wheels and and some impressive stick skill.

Warm Cookies is online now   Reply With Quote