View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 02:04 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
i'm not sure exactly what argument you're trying to make.

the owners are grouped together because they choose to be, just as the players choose to be. regardless of what the bottom tier teams may or may not have received in profits, the money is in the league. profits are at an all time high as a whole. the owners may choose not to share it, but it's there. if they want to keep 30 teams, they should be the ones dealing with the issue of their peers... or they should at least be a piece of it. not "well we think you guys are overpaid despite offering you new contracts in july and august!""

the league was the most profitable it has ever been. the money exists. league needs to find a way to get it-- be it a tax, team removal, or advertising or w/e. it's failed. nuff said... now i need a nap... damn these graveyards. hopefully that came out coherently enough
Find me one source stating the league is the most profitable it has ever been.

Bringing in the most revenue dollars? Yea sure. Adjust that for inflation and the rise of the Canadian dollar relative to the USD. After that the core fundamentals don't look as rosy. Not to mention that COSTS are also at an all time high. Labor, travel, etc.

Look I don't know what the exact numbers are better than anyone else out there (save for the league's auditor). But I can guarantee you that of the majority of teams were raking in money we'd be playing.