View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 03:22 PM
lazerbullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
And according to you, how do we do that exactly?
Actually factor in that since the 90s competition is tougher than in almost any other era.

Quote:
As mighty maybe but that a Scott Niedermayer would stand out more in the 80's than Harvey or Kelly would? Sorry, not with ya on that o
Again you are comparing him to two top 10 dmen of all-time. I never even hinted that Nieds was THAT good.

Quote:
Sorry, IMO, without his great speed, he's an average first pairing D-man. His remaining tools simply don't stand out enough.
Since when we are removing attributes?
Take away from Nick Lidstrom his hockey brain and he doesn't even make the NHL.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
I mean Harvey wasn't that fast but he could still control the puck and pace of a game, he was still one of the best positional D-men in history. He wrote the book on it, that d-men to this very day are taught by. Harvey was a fantastic passer and had great vision.
I mean this how Harvey is getting overrated. Wrote a book? Taught to this day?

How many elite dmen you had with similar style to Harvey since him? Orr was different, Potvin was different, Bourque was different, Chelios was different. You only have Nicklas Lidstrom from Sweden, who probably never saw Harvey play and knew very little about him while learning to play.

So who was teaching what and to whom? And how?
Nowadays you can see some young kids playing similar style to Lidstrom. If one wishes to teach such style, then he can obtain and analyze videos. It's all possible.

Last edited by lazerbullet: 11-16-2012 at 03:36 PM.
lazerbullet is offline   Reply With Quote