View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 02:35 PM
88th Precinct
Pitchfork Acquired

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
I've been to Berlin, but I would not describe it that way. I'm guessing you'll be mostly in Prenzlauer Berg and Hakesche Hofe? I found those places to be as warm inside as they were bleak outside. In general, I found the galleries, bars, and shops and restaurants to be very open and welcoming (great clothes shopping there), but outside it looks and feels like Williamsburg in the winter.

I found Mitte and Tiergarten to be just weird. Forbidding. Didn't like it at all. Except for the Gemaldegalerie, which you could spend a week just on that it's so f'ing amazing.

The other thing that was funny was that Ben Harper was by far the most popular background music in bars and cafes. Ben Harper was the Berlin equivalent of the Buena Social Vista Club soundtrack (enough already).

Enjoy,

Dan-o
Nicely!! The people are SUPER WARM; I just meant the weather - since growing up between Binghamton, NY, New Castle, PA & Mississauga, ON and then spending 8 years in Texas hill country, the 36 weather is something to get used to.

I'm in downtown Berlin; not far from Mitte and pretty damn central. Quite different, but I can get used to this; being an electronica producer, it feels a little more my speed than Austin did, though I moved to Austin more so from a guitar/engineering perspective.

I can get used to this - it's been YEARS since I've traveled like this.

Thanks and cheers!

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote