View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Gallatin
A Banksy of Goonism

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I used to actually be neutral on Bettman and defended him to the bashers. It got me to read extensively about his reign as commissioner and what I discovered made me cringe. The Spano thing was a huge eye opener for sure, but the rules he had passed to give him so much power is ridiculous. The list is quite extensive when you look at his poor decision making... No one is perfect, but he refuses to take accountability - ever. The Phoenix situation has been so poorly handled by Bettman, that it has become comical.

He has way too much power and he is a poor leader. He only knows one way to resolve a CBA dispute and we know what that is.

A good leader would find a way to resolve these disputes without losing an entire season, and 1600 games under his watch, all while embarrassing the hell out of this league. That is poor leadership, I'm sorry.

I definetly believe if they had another commissioner who was more level headed and understood that you protect the integrity of your league, the NHL would be much better off, not the laughingstock it has become.
The NHL as laughingstock goes back into infinity dude. It was even worse when I started following the sport back in 1980.

Goodenow was a militant reactionary at the head of the PA in 2004. Losing a season then to get a cap was practically inevitable. And this time Bettman is up against Fehr, who might be just as bad.

Phoenix does look like a mess I grant you. What's the deal with Spano?