Old
11-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
You'll have to say the same thing to Ray Ferraro too because he pretty much said the same thing. It's ok to be skeptical on their views, but Mckenzie has been in this business for a long time so I'm not one to go against him. Especially since we haven't seen Rielly directly matched up against NHL skaters so we basically only have a reference point against juniors and we can see he is clearly above their level in skating.
Ferraro is the same genius who gave us the Patrick Stefan quote. Hardly a good source.

He's certainly above the average Junior skater, but it's not like he's head and shoulders better than, say, Murray or Murphy. Of the NHL skaters, I don't think he quite matches up to someone like Karlsson, or even Fowler. He seems closer to Campbell's skating than he does Coffey.

I'm not saying Rielly isn't a terrific skater. He is, and he should only get better, but to compare him to Coffey he had better look like the best skater in the world, IMO. I think McKenzie is being overly generous with a comparison like that.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote