View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
Melky put up good numbers in 2011 with KC and that was without steroids.
One also has to question what effect steroids even had on his 2012 season. His HR rate was lower in 2012 than in 2011, so was his doubles rate. His FB rate was also down, which is a little odd. Basically, the only two red flags I see are his bumps in average and slugging, but both of those have reasonable explanations. His BABIP was much higher than it normally would be, at virtually any level, so that could definitely explain the jump in BA. Also, Melky had a surprising amount of triples in 2012, which could explain for some of the bump in slugging(as would the big bump in BA). I would say neither of these things are affected that much by steroids, and it seems luck possibly played a larger factor. Considering that improvement isn't such a strange concept when a guy is entering his prime, I'd say there's a great chance you see Melky put up numbers similar or even greater than his KC numbers.

That is, of course, assuming he was clean in KC and somehow didn't get away with anything for that whole season, which I'd say is reasonable.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote