View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 03:12 PM
mistrhanky

vCash: 500
Beginner Deke moves

Okay, this probably sounds a bit silly, but are there any particular deke moves that are effective but easier for the n00b player? I am not superfast, and thus am always at forward, but I do get breakout chances when I make a good play on a Dman. Sometimes I can get a quality wrister out of it, and I have been working on targeting the various shooting zones on net. Sometimes though, That goalie just looks 5 miles wide and I know I am not going to get a good piece of the net to shoot at.

I was wondering if there are any particular moves that seem to work better than others but do not require perfect hands to pull them off. I have tried dangling a bit, but always lose too much of the puck and it ends up being nothing. My best chance so far seems to be to come in from the right(I shoot left) and try to fake a wrister, pull the puck back with the toe and come around on the left side of the goalie to try to find a piece of open net. Not successful yet. Just wondering if any had any thoughts or advice on this, with n00b skater in mind...

mistrhanky is offline   Reply With Quote