View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 03:21 PM
CGG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Sorry, my math errors (didn't read the year spans carefully).

The total AMF is $307 million over 20 years (I think).
I get $308 million over 20 years, but close enough. That's only $15.4 million a year. I don't see how this is an improvement?

By the way, Jamison gets paid $11 million between "Close" and Jun 30, 2013. Sure there's a $60,000 penalty for each Coyotes game missed, but how is that calculated? If he doesn't close until March then in theory he's really only missing 8 games if the entire season is scrapped due to the CBA. So he'd get penalized $480,000 and still pocket $10.5 million for doing literally nothing in a 3 month ownership period. Not a bad deal.

Try explaining that to the townsfolk who can actually figure out that there won't be a season this year anyway, but Jamison will still get $10 million or more to manage the arena. $10 million that Glendale certainly doesn't have. If only they could illegally raid some more of their reserve accounts to make this payment they wouldn't have to make any more extreme budget cuts.

In other news, Gary wants to take a "two week" break from CBA negotiations. Hmmmm.... what will happen in the next 2 weeks that affects the one and only NHL team that is owned by the NHL?