View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 03:29 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
The United States will conduct its National Junior Team selection camp at the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh, N.Y., the New York Rangers' practice facility, on Dec. 16-18. Johannson told NHL.com he expects 27 players to be invited to selection camp -- that group could include 15 forwards, nine defensemen and three goalies. The camp will be used to determine the final 22-man roster for the 2013 World Junior Championship, which will be held Dec. 26 to Jan. 5, 2013. Seven-time NHL All-Star and U.S. Hockey Hall of Famer Phil Housley will coach the team.

Johannson said there may be some players invited to selection camp who weren't a part of USA Hockey's evaluation camp in August.

"Without a doubt, some guys have played their way into consideration and have done a good job," he said. "It's not hard to look at some stats and see how those guys are doing. I won't name names, but some guys that played well at camp have backed that up, and some haven't quite had as strong a start. Guys have to be playing well but there's also the uniqueness of guys hurt or suspended that we need to take into account."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=645638