View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallatin View Post
The NHL as laughingstock goes back into infinity dude. It was even worse when I started following the sport back in 1980.
That's why you pay a man 8m to shed that label, not increase it tenfold.

Quote:
Goodenow was a militant reactionary at the head of the PA in 2004. Losing a season then to get a cap was practically inevitable. And this time Bettman is up against Fehr, who might be just as bad.
The NBA and NFL instituted cap systems without losing a season, and Upshaw made Fehr look like a *****cat. He had the NFL in court over and over and hounded them with litigation for yrs and the players strike in '87.

Tagliabue stepped into that god awful ****** mess in '89 and saw the league lose the Plan B case, then White's subsequent litigation the following year, but PT found a way to get a fair CBA drawn that included a cap, without missing a single game.

He walked into a completely ****ed up situation and turned it into a peaceful CBA that lasted for 15 yrs.

I also dislike Goodell, but he is a good leader. He made a big mistake with the refs and rectified it. However, Bettman refuses to take accountability or put his ego aside for the good of the league. Now he wants a two week break? He is an atrocious leader...

It's sad the NFL has had two good commisoners who get things done, while we suffer with the incompetence of Bettman.

Quote:
Phoenix does look like a mess I grant you. What's the deal with Spano?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Spano