View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Dynamic doesn't mean better. Sami Vatanen is a more dynamic skater than Cam Fowler is, but ask any Anaheim fan who the better skater is.

I'm talking about overall skating ability here, and I really don't think it's that difficult to compare. Balance, edge work, pivots, etc... this isn't just about who looks better moving in a straight line.
That's what makes Rielly a better skater, because he does have all those tools plus, he also has that dynamic skating ability. If you notice Rielly's edge work and pivots are exceptional. On offense Morgan Rielly has incredible 4 way lateral skating mobility where he can be so deceptive in his rushes up the ice like someone that I will refrain from a comparison to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8mRMfP3_SA

Take a look at this to see just how elite Rielly's overall skating ability is. BTW he's #44

Murray has an amazing skating ability, but he rarely uses that skating ability to be as deceptive as Rielly on the rush. He usually uses that specialty for defence. And in terms of skating ability Murphy, I'd say Murphy is elite as well.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote