View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 03:57 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Of the 17 Wings forwards (including waiver-exempt Tatar, Nyquist, and Brunner) the following situation exists currently:

Emmerton injured. Filppula injured. Eaves injured.

That's down to 14 forwards if those three are on LTIR.

Bertuzzi/Datsyuk/Franzen
Cleary/Zetterberg/Brunner
Tatar/Nyquist/Samuelsson
Abby/Helm/Tootoo
Miller/Mursak
The injuries are interesting right now. My opinion is they would not carry the full roster in this event. They would probably keep Tatar down for the start and call him up only when he was going to be in the lineup. Miller, Mursak, Tootoo and Brunner will cycle. I know we think he belongs in the lineup from day 1 but Miller and Mursak would have to fumble the opportunity.

Also jut so we are clear Darren Helm is the third line center. Babcock says it, Holland says it, I think even Piet Van Zant would defend that pretty strong. Of course missing in all the players injured is Helm is out through December like Emmerton if I remember his injury timeline right. But we can stop figuring out ways to drop him to the fourth line. They don't see him that way no matter how many people around here wish for that. All we can hope is his scoring improves or he clicks with some new linemates.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote