View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Let's not put words into some fans mouths here. Toffoli was clearly, CLEARLY the most talented player on those 67's teams in terms of skill.

If anything, his time here in Ottawa showed that. In fact, it was his biggest criticism: "kid has every tool, but no toolbox". His problem in a lot of Ottawa fans eyes isn't below his neck, it's above it.

If Toffoli had played his junior hockey elsewhere, I think a lot of Sens fans would be a lot more receptive to OP's proposed deal. With him being a 67 however, a lot of us got a much better sneak-peak at him than most other fans, and the character issue was fairly obvious. That's not to say it's going to keep Toffoli from the NHL, as there are lots of skilled NHLers who maybe didn't go 100% during junior because their skill level allowed them to coast from time to time... but I think if the price to find out if Toffoli can find that extra gear is Mark Stone, most sens fans will politely decline.

It's not that most of us don't want Toffoli (because trust me, there's nothing this city loves more than the potential of having ex-67's on the Senators - just look at the love Zenon Konopka got last season) it's that we don't want him that badly.
I cant recall I've said anything about Stone or other things you talk about.

Somebody asked a question and I answered. Of course there are many exceptions but I've seen it all over here, trust me. I always have to laugh as well when 18 year old's talk about character issues. I will give my opinion about Toffoli's character within a couple of years.

Last edited by Frolov 6'3: 11-16-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Frolov 6'3 is online now   Reply With Quote