View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 04:53 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeslerKrony View Post
Well, the way you wrote this, it's like our players are garbage. Kesler is a legitimate 70pt #1 center (he was injured a bit this year but so was Zajac).

I also argue you do need Schneider, I don't have confidence (and neither should your GM) that Frazee & co. are going to do the job that an amazing Brodeur, even on the decline, has done. And that's going to feel weird (for fans of the Devils) to not have that franchise #1 goalie to save the day and stabilize the back end.

Kassian is better than just a prospect, he was after all, playing in the NHL and showing flashes of dominance. And if we add a 1st/prospect, how can you not say it's good value at least? Kovalchuk is the best player, but it's good value for sure.
And Zajac is a legit 65 point center. Kesler is a great player but he's not THAT big of an upgrade.

I trust Lou's judgment. If him and Conte are high on Wedgewood, it's for a specific reason. Schneider wouldn't get an opportunity to start until Brodeur retires, which is after 2014 at the earliest.

Kassian is not that great. He has a poor attitude and is one of those guys that expects to be handed a job without putting the work in. At least he did in Buffalo. He didn't do that great in Rochester last year when he got demoted, he felt it was beneath him.

Trust me, I was aboard the Kassian hype train going into last season, but that disappeared quickly. Kassian was valuable because he was a special breed of skill, size, and attitude, but the reason Buffalo traded him was that Marcus Foligno was better at literally everything Kassian does. So is David Clarkson. Kassian will be a decent NHL player but he's not a can't miss blue chipper by any means.

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote