View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 06:04 PM
medgett

vCash: 500
I've stayed off HF for the whole fall as a way of not getting too caught up in the frustration and anger that is the lockout. Now, I'm just too pissed off. I'm not going to say that I'll never watch a game again because the truth is that I love the sport and will continue to live and die with our team here. That said, I'm done putting my money into this league. I will watch every game at home in HD or with my buds at a pub or restaurant. I am not paying for any Canucks tickets from this point on. Usually, I attend 8-10 games a year. Additionally, I usually spend about $150/year on merch. Again I can easily go without buying any team gear. I know the rink will continue to be full and they'll still sell tons of nucks merch around town, but I just can't stomach the thought of handing any more money over to the NHL or its clubs.

It's obviously unrealistic to think that fans will adopt this strategy in any significant way, but I would like people to think about the message you send to the NHL, the owners and the players, when you're buying tickets or buying gear. By continuing to consume the product directly, you're saying its alright to screw us once every 6-8 years. As far as I'm concerned, I am quite content considering I'm going to have an extra 700-800 dollars to spend elsewhere in my life.