View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
That's too bad. I was really hoping to see some competivness and drive out of Kane in the KHL. Guess he just couldn't succeed in the KHL which I find a bit confusing with the bigger ice and his speed. Oh well hopefully he comes prepared to play for us whenever the season starts.
The problem is likely, IMO, that the KHL tends to play a much more system orientated game. Everything is about flow, puck control, lots of "east-west" play out there. With the bigger ice it is extra important you stick to your positioning, since if you don't there is lots of room for the opponent to exploit. Kane's low hockey IQ does not suit him well to this type of game, he is more of a me first explosive balls to the wall player, not suited to the patient passing and set up game it takes to succeed on the big ice. I did think his skating would help him overcome that somewhat, but too much NA mentality in him I guess. Nothing wrong with that, he will continue to be successful in the NHL with his play, he is designed for it. Just like Ricky Williams not able to stick in CFL, but long long successful NFL career since he was designed for that type of game.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote