Thread: Proposal: Van - nj
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 06:29 PM
DJOpus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Devils don't need Schnieder though, and it's not like they'd trade Kovalchuk, a guy who fills a much bigger need than Schnieder, for him. Edler's a nice piece, but it would leave the Devils offense very shallow.

Brodeur and Hedberg both aren't leaving until after 2013-2014, when their contracts expire. The plan was to have the youngsters develop and take over then, even if they weren't ready, the Devils will probably just sign a UFA goalie to play alongside one of them.
Just responding to a Devils fan who thought that their proposal was so much better than the op...

The idea that Zajac = Kesler given their contracts is absolutely insane. Zajac is a pending UFA while Kesler is at a minimum as good a player, most would say better, and is signed to a long-term contract at a good rate.

Schneider has earned a chance to start over Luongo due to how good he's been. I agree he's unproven and this fact is probably not given enough consideration by Canucks fans who want to see Luongo moved. I do believe that at this point in their careers, Luongo is quite a bit better than Marty and Schneider is potentially better than either.

I agree that the Devils can't make a trade involving Kovy unless they are getting a true #1 centre or defenseman back...I honestly see the Devils rebuilding soon as their offensive prospects don't seem to be coming through (but I don't follow prospects as much as others around here)...that being said, I feel the same way about Vancouver in the next few years.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote