Thread: Proposal: Vancouver-Winnipeg
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
This thread is hilarious. We really need the season to start. It seems people still have a sour taste in their mouths from Edler's horrible 5 game playoff performance against LA. Before that, he was known as a player who could elevate his game in the playoffs, don't forget that.

Do you guys remember how bad our PP was for the last ~50 games of last season? It was brutal, none of our typical PP scorers were producing. The result was the Sedins and Kesler having their worst season in years. Yet, despite that, Edler manages to put up 49 points from the back end (career high). How many points do you think Edler would have had if the PP would have clicked at it's usual pace all season? Or if the Sedins and Kesler would have scored closer to their usual pace? I think it would have been certainly possible for Edler to be in the high 50s in points given such a scenario.

Trading Edler is stupid, I can't put it lighter than that. He's played with a revolving door of different defensemen, none of which close to his calibur. Give him a solid partner and see what he can accomplish. It's widely recognized that defensemen often don't break out until late, most all-star defensemen weren't considered legit franchise calibur defensemen until their late 20's. Edler has 26 years old, we'd be stupid to move this guy before he puts it all together.
Agree completely. Ive followed his career sonce Manitoba and he's gotten a bit more consistent overall every year. its not sexy to the rubes because he never had a true breakout year like some of the higher pedigree guys did. Edler could very well be a widely acknowledged top ten defenseman in the NHL from age 28-35 or so.

If people want to move Edler because he had a bad series against the Kings, they haven't followed his career very closely. Or maybe just really like living in the moment.. hehe.

If we're talking strictly about value though, I still take Buff by a small pube.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote