View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
i gotta tell u, if the Leafs keep losing there not going to have any fans, so many people are so frustrated with the Leafs that if s. ontario gets another team i bet u most casual fans will jump ship, but most loyal fans might too, its getting pretty bad last year when they were out of the playoffs the acc looked dead.
The poor Leaf fans are unfailingly loyal. Even if the ACC looked dead, people still paid for those seats they didn't use to attend the game. They know if they actually boycott, it could take 20+ years or more to acquire season tickets again.

I wish Southern Ontario would get another team. The market is there and the league could be making so much more revenue. Plus one more Canadian team increases the possibility that a Canadian will ever win the cup again.

As for how that would effect attendance for the Leafs, the market is so big, they would still likely sell out. Leaf fans are crazily loyal. There are second and third generation displaced Ontarions living in Vancouver who were brought up Leaf fans. It's almost ingrained in their blood.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote