Thread: Proposal: Van - nj
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Yeah, I understand. If the price is right and you really want Booth, I'll talk.
Booth and Raymond are both "getable" as far as I'm concerned. Obviously Kovalchuck's off the table, and keeping them is fine with me, but if you can provide a suitable replacement in terms of value and team needs...let's talk, Devils' fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Nucks get stuck with Luo and Kovalchuk when they;re both 40
A top end goalie and a top sniper, tied up to a reasonable cap hit until their 40, say it ain't so

In the Luongo threads, I say that Luongo's contract might be a negative for the acquiring team, but honestly, it doesn't do more then just slightly bug me. I'm happy with it, and hell, let's get Hossa too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine to Five View Post
Kovalchuk with that contract is untradeable, especially to the Canucks.

He's in a similar boat to Luongo. Teams aren't going to eat that albatross of a contract, ESPECIALLY with CBA potentially changing forcing teams to eat salary for retired players.
Or if it makes the original team retain the salary, Vancouver would just be unable to retain any extra salary of any sort as they'd be saddled with Luongo's.
I'm fine with this. Both Kovalchuk and Lu give us a widened window to win now, and in the future, I don't see their cap hits being as big a deal as it's made out to be (even with the starting 40 million dollar cap from this last CBA).

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote