Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Zine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Forcing a young kid to play bottom line minutes in a checking role with no PP time while he is known as a skilled goal scorer is pretty much ideal mismanagement. He played in three leagues last year and wasn't given much of a chance at all to prove anything in the KHL even after he had proven the year before he was capable of producing there. He was playing ~7-10 minutes a game on a bottom line role... He was allowed to play in the CHL the year before simply because he was going to miss chunks of the season playing with the Russian junior team and wasn't going to be missed. He's been horribly mishandled ever since his CHL time. Coincidence? No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I am sorry but this couldn't be any further from the truth at all.

Kitsyn clearly hasn't been given what could even remotely be considered a fair shake back home and there are several pundits in the hockey world who said so over the past season and change.

When paired against players his age he is still a beast and very much ahead of most of his competition.

I disagree.

Novokuznetsk is great for young players to develop. In the last 3 years: Bobrovsky, Orlov, Arzamastsev, Slepyshev, and now young Zhafyarov. Look at Lazarev recently. Why can't Kitsyn do this?...because Kitsyn is average.
So this year, with a fresh start on Torpedo N-N, what happens? Kitsyn again disappoints in camp and early games (he was out played by same age 1991 Valuisky). And Kitsyn is sent to VHL.
Now he has a chance in the VHL. How's he doing? 1 point in 12 games.

C'mon. At some point Kitsyn needs to make the most of his numerous opportunities. He didn't even dominate the CHL. From what I heard he was solid but not overly special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
When paired against players his age he is still a beast and very much ahead of most of his competition.
Wait, what? Kitsyn is still a 'beast' against his peers? Who exactly?

As players of his age group are maturing, Kitsyn is being passed by.

Last edited by Zine: 11-16-2012 at 09:20 PM.