Thread: Proposal: Van - nj
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Just responding to a Devils fan who thought that their proposal was so much better than the op...

The idea that Zajac = Kesler given their contracts is absolutely insane. Zajac is a pending UFA while Kesler is at a minimum as good a player, most would say better, and is signed to a long-term contract at a good rate.

Schneider has earned a chance to start over Luongo due to how good he's been. I agree he's unproven and this fact is probably not given enough consideration by Canucks fans who want to see Luongo moved. I do believe that at this point in their careers, Luongo is quite a bit better than Marty and Schneider is potentially better than either.

I agree that the Devils can't make a trade involving Kovy unless they are getting a true #1 centre or defenseman back...I honestly see the Devils rebuilding soon as their offensive prospects don't seem to be coming through (but I don't follow prospects as much as others around here)...that being said, I feel the same way about Vancouver in the next few years.
Devils aren't really that bad right now. Only way the Devils have to go rebuild is if they lose most of Elias, Zubrus, Clarkson, and Zajac. If they lose both Elias/Zajac, we are pretty much screwed. If we lose one, we may be able to get by. Depends if Butler or Tedenby take a step forward and Josefson looks very, very good in Albany, if he stays healthy, he might be the next Elias for us.

Schnieder's value to us isn't that high though, because he's not needed like I said. As long as the Devils manage to retain most of their upcoming UFAs, the core of the forward group except for Elias and Zubrus is under 30. By the time they start waning, the next group of forwards will be entering the NHL.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote