View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 08:16 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Congrats on the radon thing. It's great that you don't have to pay for it! That's just dumb on their part, but good for you!!

Whatever you do with the new place, get everything in writing.

As for us, we officially closed this morning!! We have to do some heavy painting and a few other projects but we're scheduled to do the move next weekend. Can't wait to have it all done and there's a lot of work yet to do, but today was a good day.
That's awesome. I know so may people that closed on houses today. Must be awesome just to get that hurdle out of the way, and I'm sure your wrist is killing after signing everything...you'll need to paint lefty now, wink wink. Painting sucks, real bad. I don't really mind doing the wide open rooms, but doing the walls up by the ceiling and near the baseboards is tedious as ****. Plus, if you gotta paint over a staircase or cabinetry, forget it. I do NOT envy you in that regard. Seriously though, congrats on the big move and good luck!

The contract we got for our home is pretty thorough. We pay nothing til we close. I don't like that there's a clause in there saying we can't bail once they start building, but I guess that's normal on pre-con. There's something in there about not being able to bail based on inspection details, but they will work with us to fix it on their dime if deemed necessary. Basically they told us originally that we had to pay for faucets, the washer/dryer, and that we had a 2500 allowance on a fridge, dishwasher, range/oven, and microwave (and they claim to get them at cost through a local dealer so 2500 is feasible for it all)...but the P&S is saying that literally all of that is included without condition, including faucets and all appliances. The verbiage is weird though. Also, there's something in there about the wiring for all lighting, but it says nothing about lighting fixtures being included (though it does say "supply and install Kohler or equiv faucet/bath fixture" etc etc)...so it seems like they supply the faucets but not lighting all of a sudden.

IDK, my head is spinning. I feel like it would be easier to ask "WHAT DO WE HAVE TO BUY, AND ANYTHING YOU DONT LIST BEST BE INCLUDED IN THE PURCHASE PRICE"