View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Sticks and Pucks

vCash: 500
Could Jonathan Drouin possibly make the Canadian World Junior Team this year?

I think if MacKinnon gets an invite (which he most certainly will), then Drouin should deserve a look as well. Right now, I think four of the top six forwards are a lock: RNH, Strome, Scheifele and Huberdeau. That leaves two winger spots. Could these two spots possibly go to MacKinnon and Drouin? Maybe have a line of Drouin-RNH-MacKinnon with RNH acting as captain and mentor? The only other players that I can see challenging for those winger positions in the top six are Rattie, Shinkaruk and Puempel. I don't think either of them are slam dunks and Drouin definitely has a chance to surpass them especially with the chemistry that he already has with MacKinnon. There are other high scoring wingers in the CHL as well but I think they are probably more suited to be grinders rather than scorers (ie. Lipon, Catenacci, Danault, Ritchie, Griffith, etc). I think Hockey Canada should have learned from their mistakes in previous years of cutting high scoring 17-year-old players by now (RNH in 2011, Seguin in 2010). So does anyone else think Drouin has a shot to make the team this year?