View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 09:24 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
It's BarKov not BarTov. Sorry, that's one of the things that annoys me lol. It's a stupid thing to let annoy me but it does.

For what it's worth my top 10 is like this.

MacKinnon
Barkov (I still believe he's the second best player in this draft. Jones fanboys may claim blasphemy but Barkov is incredibly all around and ceiling is huge).
Jones
Monahan
Lindholm
Nichsukin
Drouin
Ristolainen

At this point its a toss up between Pulock, Shinkaruk, Ristolainen, Lazar for 8, 9, 10, 11. But Ristolainen's men's league experience wins him the spot right now.

I can't justify putting Pulock over Drouin the way Drouin is playing. He's just too dominant offensively at this point. That could very well change if Pulock grows. Same thing for Ristolainen. For an 18 year old playing in a men's league, he's doing fantastic. Especially when his team is awful and he's still playing well while getting a lot of responsibility.

Regardless, I think even if you get Pulock at 9 or 10, your getting yourself an elite player. I just don't think he's as good now, nor will his future be better than the ones I have listed above him. To be fair, I've only seen him in a small period of time and I wasn't all that impressed. However I know he has some fans so I'll deign to them on his outlook. Personally I just don't think a big shot, and a good story are enough along with my viewings of him.
I think you're selling Pulock a bit short, but we all have different views of prospects based on favorites and how many times we've seen them so that's fine. I think Pulock could go more in the 5-8 range than where you have him, but that's pretty minor.