View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 09:41 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
I was at the Kingston Frontenacs game tonight and even though it was my first time watching them live, I was VERY impressed with the on ice product! This team was big, they were dumping/chasing all night and laying the body on at all times, not just that ALL players were committed to pitching in defensively, the goaltending wasn't flashy but solid and the biggest thing I noticed is how little they spent in their own end.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I feel THIS is how Burke should have and should be building the leafs. Like I said the team as a whole lacks heart and committment, goaltending is poor to shaky, and the leafs get pinned in their own end 2/3 of the game because a) they can't make a simple pass and b) can manhandled along the wall.

I don't doubt the leafs have firepower, actually they have a lot of it. The problem is heart and substance, and I really hope Burke seriously addressesses this between now and when the season (whenever that may be) starts.
As DOn Cherry would say:

Well, they need to go out and get themselves some good ol' Kingston boys. Dougy Gilmour was a Kingston boy. YOu know THat? Ya. Well That's what the LEafs need you see. A couple good Kingston boys with HEart to lead the team. Atta boy!!!

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote