View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 09:42 PM
sjaustin77

vCash: 500
Well I thought it was pretty obvious that I meant this CBA but whatever. They could have bolded the line or said more than a facepalm. I know full well Bettman is king of the lockout.

Here is the agreement on Term from the CBA -

(a) This Agreement is effective retroactive to September 16, 2004 (the “Effective Date”), and shall remain in full force and effect until midnight New York time on September 15, 2011, and shall remain in effect from year to year thereafter unless and until either party shall deliver to the other a written notice of termination of this Agreement at least 120 days prior to September 15, 2011 or not less than a like period in any year thereafter.

So I thought maybe the owners had the chance to lock them out last year but I guess not. The agreement looks like it takes out any chance for the players to strike so I'm wondering how players have gone on strike before? Don't the owners have enough leverage already? Now it is in the contract that players can't strike? Doesn't seem a fair system at all and you can see why the players have to wait for a better deal.