View Single Post
Old
05-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CronoX
I was wondering, which young player do you think will be Montreal's top scorer in the future? Out of Higgins, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, and anyone else you think might contribute, who will lead the team in points? I'm just curious because I haven't heard a lot about Montreal's top prospects and I was wondering who might heat up the stat sheet. Thanks!
Perezhogin will most likely be a pretty good NHL foward within 2 years. I don't see him as a potential team leading scorer, but he will be an important part of the Habs succes. I think he will create many scoring chances with his speed, but he will have a hard time getting 60 point a season. That's why I see him as a pretty good second line player.

Kostitsyn obviously has the biggest upside of the bunch, but it's still hard to know what he will be able to do. When he was in Montreal, I was amazed by his creativity on the ice. He was always creating some scoring chances to his teamates. Of course, he didn't had the time and the coach to show what he was really able to do, but I have high hopes for him. I have the fealing that he will be a better NHL player then a AHL player, so I really think he will reach our first line. Even if he has a crazy shot, he will most likely rack up the assists more then anything...kind of like Kovalev this year.

As for Higgins, well he will be a key player for many years to come. He don't have the talent of the two players above, but he work really hard on each shift and he can play a physical game. He's not the same kind of player, but he will always be a good player. He will never lead the team in scoring, but he will bring some key elements...

After that, there's of course Latendresse, who will most likely be a good power foward, Grabovski, who might be an offensive wizzard and Plekanec, who will be a great 2 way player for us.

So if I want to make a list, it will be something like:

-Kostitsyn
-Latendresse
-Grabovski
-Perezhogin
-Higgins
-Plekanec

That's how I see it...hope it will help you