View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
One thing gets me about that rumoured asking price from Gillis. The package was Frattin + Bozak + 1st + Gardiner. Now if Gillis moves off Gardiner, which he will, who does he replace him with to still get close to the value he wants. No one player is going to do it. Which means, he will have to change other parts of his request.

Then, he needs Gardiner's replacement to be a Dman. So that complicates things further. Frattin + Percy + Bozak + 1st isn't enough value on the high end. Nor is replacing Percy with Blacker/Holzer. Thus, something in the remaining two pieces of Bozak + Frattin has to change. But what? I said it would be Bozak for Colborne. Maybe that's enough value...
I think you're putting too much emphasis on that rumour. Why would Gillis specifically be targeting a left D? Most likely he asked for Gardiner because he has great upside and Gillis would be willing to ship out Ballard to make room for him. But if he backs of Gardiner it doesn't necessarily mean his next choice for value would be Percy/Finn/whoever to replace Gardiner.

Personally I'm hoping for Lupul+ as a base, or worst case scenario Kulemin++(the pluses being conditional 1sts and Kadri) which solves a bigger need for us at the moment.