View Single Post
Old
11-16-2012, 10:28 PM
McNasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Craig Button said something interesting on the THN podcast, though. He held a view the league was forced into this situation by the last Phoenix owner going bankrupt, prompting something to be done. He also added that basically the league wants to add some stability to where the franchises are, and not move them by wish and whim. And I don't know how much influence this has, but he said that the other three major leagues also supported such a stance. So I have to say I understand him wanting to keep the Coyotes put, although once things get too far, you just have to do something. I don't know, I'm kind of on the fence about this whole situation, because I also like that there are teams in non-traditional markets. It just adds charm to the league, I think, so that things don't get boring. I also believe it's good he has some vision, even though many disagree with it, because you need someone with strong opinions on the board. In the end, it does boil down to what is sustainable in the long run, but moving teams too often would not be a way to run the league, either. And by that, I'm not saying I'm taking his side at all, I just wanted to comment on this.

They should have just let Balsillie buy them...