View Single Post
11-16-2012, 11:01 PM
vCash: 100
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Nichushkin shows lots of potential given his spize speed and power rushes --BUT it did not translate in the games I saw in the Subway Super Series to that much finishing and he lacks in the distribution part of the game-critical for any centre-I just do not see him as a comparable to Grigorenko who at the same age DID show finishing and set-up abilities.. SO Nichuskin too high.
Nichushkin and Grigorenko are polar opposites as far as playing styles, so this comparison of playmaking ability you are making here isn't fair. Grigs is more perimeter, set up, skilled centre. Nichushkin is definitely way stronger and more physical, an explosive and more powerful skater, as well as a better shooter I believe. Nichushkin's game is more suited for the wing and I'd be shocked to see him at centre at the NHL level. I believe this player has a sky high ceiling and deserves to be as high as he is.

Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
HaHaHaHa...... typical Canadian bias...

Lindholm is definitely a better prospect right now, than Monahan and Drouin.

That's not fair actually. Not only are you speaking in absolutes when it comes to something like prospect potential which is viewed subjectively; but I also believe that Lindholm and Monahan both have similar ceilings. I'll even go a step further than you and explain why. Monahan is producing at the same rate as RNH and Huberdeau in their draft year. Hell, he's even close to a few other 1st overalls from year's past, Stamkos to name one player. Stamkos: 61 GP, 105 P. Monahan is on pace for 96 points over the same amount of games. That's a nine point difference over an entire season, to a player who is now the best offensive forward in the league. Add in the fact that this kid is a stud defensively; you have yourself a good argument in saying that it is fair to slot him above Lindholm, a player who many say has the potential to be as good as Backstrom. Oh, and please excuse my Canadian bias.

BigWilly is offline   Reply With Quote