View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 12:05 AM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman22 View Post
I feel the difference from last year to this year has definately been the depth of both teams. Fabbri and Bourne had a great supporting cast, as did Ho-Sang and McDavid. Stephens and Strome are virtually out their by themselves. Although they both bring different things to the draft, I feel they will both be able to play next year. Zeppieri would be an effective player on the wing with a strong centremen but that seems to be missing from the Rebels. In the game there was realistically maybe 3 first round players compared to last year when there was atleast 10 off both teams. A strong indication of the depth of the draft.
Depth and quality of top end players are night and day. Stephens and Strome were ineffective against a weak Rebels team. Guys like Fabbri, McDavid and Bennett chewed up weak teams last year.

I totally disagree with your evaluation of Zeppieri. He is the Captain, but not because of his skill or play. He was slow out there and seemed lost. Rebels have some smaller skilled players, but no go to guys.