View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 01:09 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
Burke's trade is only questionable to clueless morons who want nothing more than a scapegoat to make them feel better.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Having a team finish 2nd last and not having a pick is a terrible accomplishment. He got a great player yes, but he was not a franchise player and never will be. He Also traded away another 2 picks in a time where we were clearly rebuilding. This trade would have been great had we been competitive. We clearly were not and if Burke thinks we were I think thats an even bigger issue. Please tell me why you think this trade isn't questionable, and what good it has really done. Still no playoffs, and lets face it we lost out on Seguin. Don't give me the who knows how things should have went had we not made the trade. Because realistically it would have went the same if not worst, and maybe letting us draft 1st (either way Seguin would have been taken IMO) not to mention the 2 other picks. Im not going to mention Hamilton because that one I will agree we can't know how it would have went.

I don't know how someone can be considered a moron for calling it questionable. I think your more of a moron if you think the deal worked out or can't question it. BTW this was my opinion the whole time, even when I first heard about the deal.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote